What is Dry Brushing?
Dry Brushing is an ancient practice that has been gaining in popularity. I learned about it a few months ago, while browsing on Pinterest. After using mine a few weeks, I loved it so much that I bought my mom one too. She told me it was one of the best things I ever bought her. It’s exactly what it says. It’s brushing your skin with a dry natural bristle brush like this one here.
What are the Benefits of Dry Brushing?
Here are 7 Benefits of Dry Brushing.
- Exfoliates Dry Skin – Dry Brushing removes dead skin cells which give the skin a more youthful appearance & glow.
- Reduces Cellulite – Dry Brushing stimulates the cells which help with circulation & breaks down toxins beneath the skin.
- Reduces Stress – Dry Brushing is similar to massage & helps you to relax & eases anxiety.
- Stimulates Lymphatic System – Dry Brushing helps the skin do its job to detoxify which helps the Lymphatic System do its job.
- Supports Immune System– Dry Brushing helps to detoxify the body which in turn helps the Immune System.
- Unclogs Pores – Dry Brushing unclogs pores & helps your skin to absorb more nutrients.
- Improves Circulation – which also helps expel more toxins which help even more with reducing cellulite.
How do you do it?
- First, purchase a natural bristle brush with a long handle so you can reach those hard to reach places like your back.
- It’s best to use the brush in the morning before showering.
- Start with the bottoms of your feet & brush with long strokes, overlapping, towards your heart. (Brushing away from the heart is said to cause ruptured vessels & varicose veins.)
- It should take about 5 min to do the entire body (except face). You need the special face brush for this.
- As soon as you’re done, get in the shower.
- After showering, moisturize with a natural lotion or coconut oil to get the best benefits. It is best to avoid any moisturizers with chemicals.
- I like to make my own moisturizer using essential oils. I like to add a few drops of each Lavender Oil, Frankincense Oil & Grapefruit Oil (Grapefruit Oil has been shown to reduce cellulite) to coconut oil or an organic natural lotion.
A Dry Brush is a perfect gift for your loved one!