Last Updated on October 23, 2020 by Renee’
What is Dry Brushing?
Dry Brushing is an ancient practice that has been gaining in popularity. I learned about it a few months ago, while browsing on Pinterest.
So I decided to buy one & see if it was as good as it promised!
Well, it did!
After using mine a few weeks, I loved it so much that I bought my mom one too. She told me it was one of the best things I ever bought her. It’s exactly what it says.
It’s brushing your skin with a dry natural bristle brush like this one here.
Not only does it exfoliate your skin, but it also helps to detox the lymphatic system.
What are the Benefits of Dry Brushing?
Here are 7 Benefits of Dry Brushing:
- Exfoliates Dry Skin – Dry Brushing removes dead skin cells which give the skin a more youthful appearance & glow.
- Reduces Cellulite – Dry Brushing stimulates the cells which help with circulation & breaks down toxins beneath the skin.
- Reduces Stress – Dry Brushing is similar to massage & helps you to relax & eases anxiety.
- Stimulates Lymphatic System – Dry Brushing helps the skin do its job to detoxify which helps the Lymphatic System do its job.
- Supports Immune System– Dry Brushing helps to detoxify the body which in turn helps the Immune System.
- Unclogs Pores – Dry Brushing unclogs pores & helps your skin to absorb more nutrients.
- Improves Circulation – which also helps expel more toxins which help even more with reducing cellulite.
Share on Pinterest
How do you Dry Brush?
- First, purchase a natural bristle brush with a long handle so you can reach those hard to reach places like your back.
- It’s best to use the brush in the morning before showering.
- Start with the bottoms of your feet & brush with long strokes, overlapping, towards your heart. (Brushing away from the heart is said to cause ruptured vessels & varicose veins.)
- It should take about 5 min to do the entire body (except face). You need a special face brush for this.
- As soon as you’re done, get in the shower.
- After showering, moisturize with a natural lotion or coconut oil to get the best benefits. It is best to avoid any moisturizers with chemicals.
- I like to make my own moisturizer using essential oils. I like to add a few drops of each Lavender Oil, Frankincense Oil & Grapefruit Oil (Grapefruit Oil has been shown to reduce cellulite) to coconut oil or an organic natural lotion.
A Dry Brush is a perfect gift for your loved one! I like to make a gift Spa Basket & fill it with a dry brush, lotion, massage oil, & essential oils such as lavender & if you really want to please, add a nice bathrobe & diffuser.
Make sure to Pin It for Later & Share with your friends & family.