Last Updated on March 7, 2020 by Renee’
If you love Avocado As I do, you have to try my AIP Paleo Fried Avocado.
Who doesn’t love avocado? I can eat it at every meal.
Don’t judge it till you try it! Fried Avocado is so versatile. I serve it with burgers, for breakfast, lunch, you name it. It pretty much goes with everything.
I make it 2-3 times per week for breakfast, especially during the school year. Well actually, it’s probably more like 3-4 times a week! I like for my daughter to have a hot breakfast!
When my daughter & I went AIP Paleo & could no longer have eggs, I needed something for breakfast that gave me that same satisfaction, plus had some good fats to keep us going till lunch.
Cold sliced avocado just wasn’t doing it for me. Especially on cold winter mornings.
So, I decided to throw the avocado in a pan one morning with my bacon grease & browned it all over. Voila’! Wow! It is so Delish! Now my family asks for it all the time.
Even her friends ask me to make it for them now.
This is such a simple & easy side dish. If your kids’ frown at the idea of avocado, try it this way, they just might like it!
- Cut Avocado in half & remove the seed
- Heat pan to med-high heat
- Add EVOO or fat of choice
- Score both halves & take a spoon & remove avocado & add to the pan
- Sprinkle with sea salt
- Cook until brown (stirring until brown and crispy)
- Cook in a hot black iron skillet for best results!
*Scroll down for printable recipe!
More Breakfast Ideas:
- AIP Paleo Blueberry Plantains
- Oven-Baked Bacon
- Paleo AIP Sausage Breakfast Hash
- Paleo Egg Salad in the Instant Pot
Share on Pinterest
- Cut Avocado in half & remove seed
- Heat pan to med heat
- Add EVOO or bacon grease
- Score both halves of avocado & take a spoon & remove avocado & add to pan
- Sprinkle with sea salt
- cook until brown (stirring until brown and crispy)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Unicook 2 Pack Flexible Silicone Spatula, Turner, 600F Heat Resistant, Ideal for Flipping Eggs, Burgers, Crepes and More, FDA Approved and LFGB Certified, Black
- Lodge 12 Inch Cast Iron Skillet. Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet with Red Silicone Hot Handle Holder.
- Kirkland Signature 2 x Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 Liters
- Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil 1 L, Non-GMO, for High-Heat Cooking, Frying, Baking, Homemade Sauces, Dressings and Marinades
- REDMOND Real Sea Salt - Natural Unrefined Organic Gluten Free Fine, 26 ounce pouch (1 Pack)
- Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Cookware Set (2 Piece Skillet Set (10.25 inches and 6.5 inches)