Last Updated on March 25, 2021 by Renee’
AIP, Paleo, Whole 30 friendly, Gluten Free, Grain Free
AIP Paleo Blueberry Plantains are so yummy I don’t even miss pancakes! Well, maybe a little. LOL
This weekend I was thumbing through Facebook as usual and saw a friend in my AIP group had posted a picture of their breakfast. They had fried plantains with a side of blueberries. It looked so yummy!
Well, it got me to thinking, how good would that be if I just threw it all together in one pan. I like simple easy peasy meals that I can just throw together in a pinch! So that’s what I did. It turned out great! Kind of a cross between blueberry pancakes & blueberry cobbler! Yum!
I served it as a side with pasture-raised pork sausage & scrambled eggs. (If AIP-leave out the eggs) Could do sauteed spinach instead.
- 1 plantain green or ripe (depending on how sweet you want them) sliced about 1/4 in.
- 1/2 c. fresh or frozen organic blueberries (or more if you want)
- cinnamon to taste (optional)
- maple syrup (leave out for Whole 30)
- 2 T. coconut oil
- Melt coconut in large skillet on med to med-high heat
- Slice plantain & put into the hot oil, sprinkle with cinnamon (optional)
- Brown on one side, then flip
- Add blueberries & cook until the other side of plantains are brown & berries are soft & gooey
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup (leave out for whole 30) & a side of bacon or fried avocado.
*Scroll down for the printable recipe card.
More Breakfast Recipes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.