Last Updated on October 24, 2020 by Renee’
I don’t know about you, but I love Asian Food. Since going Paleo AIP, we don’t really go to Asian restaurants anymore. I don’t want it all the time, but every now & then I just have to have it!
Now that school is starting back, I love to make quick & easy weeknight dinners. Since we love Asian food and don’t have it often, I decided to make an AIP Paleo version of Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
This is perfect for weeknight dinners when you are short on time & also great to pack for lunch. Just put the chicken mixture in a hot thermos such as this & serve the lettuce in a container to keep cold such as these.
Cut up 1 lb. of chicken breasts or thighs into cubes. You could also use ground chicken or turkey.
Finely chop up a can of water chestnuts, 1 can of organic mushrooms, 1 sm onion, garlic, ginger & a couple of carrots.
Put everything in a pan including the Coconut Aminos & cook until chicken is done. It’s hard to make Asian food without soy sauce, but since I found Coconut Amino’s, it has been a game-changer! If you want to read more about Coconut Amino’s health benefits, read it here.
Serve on Romaine Lettuce leaves & garnish with scallions if desired. See how simple that was & so tasty. And what’s best is it is 15 yr old approved!
- 1 lb organic chicken breasts or thighs – cubed
- 1-2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 sm onion – can use green onions also
- 1-2 cloves garlic -minced
- 1Tbs. Ginger – minced
- 1 can water chestnuts -chopped
- 1 can organic mushrooms – chopped
- 1-2 carrots – chopped
- 1/2 c. Coconut aminos
- sea salt to taste
- Romaine lettuce leaves -washed
- scallions for garnish (optional)
- Chop Chicken, onion, water chestnuts, mushrooms,
- Heat olive oil in a pan, on med heat.
- Add all ingredients except lettuce.
- Saute until chicken is done.
- Serve on Romaine Lettuce leaves
*Scroll down for Printable Recipe Card.
If you like this recipe you might like these:
- AIP Paleo Chicken Fried Rice
- Paleo Korean Ground Beef over Cauliflower Rice
- Paleo Coconut Chicken Soup
- AIP Paleo Ground Beef and Broccoli
- AIP Paleo Asian Grilled Chicken
Share on Pinterest
Can be served as Main dish or as an appetizer. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Can be served as Main dish or as an appetizer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.