Last Updated on October 23, 2020 by Renee’
I was talking to a friend last week & she was trying to figure out what she could pack healthy for their upcoming vacation. She said, “you need to write a post about this”. I told her I would do that.
Packing for vacation can be stressful enough, but when you are on a special diet like the AIP diet it can be very overwhelming. I am pretty much back to full Paleo now so it’s a little easier.
I have found that traveling while AIP is easier if you plan ahead. I try to take snacks that my whole family can eat that is healthy for all of us.
Here is a list of some of the items I pack:
- Honest Jackson Sweet Potato Chips (my favorite) (AIP)
- Honest Jackson Purple Potato Chips (my daughters favorite)
- Epic Bars
- Primal Grass-Fed Beef, & Turkey Jerky
- Tanka Bar Buffalo Bites
- Epic Bites (different kinds)
- Lara Bars
- Coco Roons
- Primal Grass-Fed Beef Sticks
- Primal Free-Range Turkey Sticks
- Coconut Chips (AIP)
- PaleoNola (grain-free granola)
- Primal Kitchen Dark Chocolate Almond Bars (my husbands favorite)
- Epic Salmon bites (haven’t tried this yet, just saw it on the website) (ordering now, so excited) (AIP)
- Medjool Dates (AIP)
- Organic Black Mission Figs (AIP)
- Navitas Naturals Trail Mix
- Go Raw Snacks
- EXO bars
- Paleo Diet Bars
- Bricks Bars
- Sea Snacks (AIP)
- Raw Almonds
- Sunflower Seeds
- Justin’s Almond Butter Squeeze Packs (Amazon)
- Simple Mills Paleo Products! Muffins, crackers, pizza crusts, etc…
- & much much more!
Most of these are paleo, but some are AIP. That way you know you are getting the perfect snack.
Make sure you plan ahead & research online restaurants & local grocery stores.
If you have a kitchen where you are going & have more room to pack items here are a few suggestions:
- Simple Meals Muffin, pancake & cookie mixes (these make great grab & go breakfast)
- Wild Planet Salmon – perfect to mix with mayo or avocado & serve with crackers or plantain chips
- Save the Planet Tuna -same as above
- Primal Kitchen Mayo to make Chicken Salad for quick lunches
- And don’t forget to pack your Instant Pot! Perfect for making Chicken Salad! My favorite quick lunch at the beach!
Here is a list of some personal Items that I pack:
- Badger sunscreen (natural & organic)
- Badger sunscreen face stick
- Honest Company hand sanitizer
- Badger After Sun Balm
- Lip Balm with sunscreen
Maybe you are lucky and have a Whole Foods near you & can get most of these items there. I’m not, so Amazon is my best friend. Plus, who doesn’t like shopping in their pajamas!
And don’t forget, a big hat, flip-flops, sunglasses, a good book to read & maybe a refreshing drink with the little umbrella!
I would love to hear what items & AIP/Paleo snacks you take on vacation. Also, when traveling what tips do you have for cooking & eating out? Leave your comments below!