Last Updated on October 11, 2020 by Renee’
Homemade Mayo! I never even knew you could make it homemade! What was I thinking?
When I first started the AIP Paleo diet, & eggs were eliminated, not to mention lots of other things I had been used to, I was not able to have mayo.
I was never a big mayo person anyway! But I do need it for Chicken Salad, Potato Salad, Slaw etc…So as soon as I could reintroduce eggs I wanted to make mayo for my Paleo Chicken salad.
When full AIP I used avocado mayo, which is good, but I wanted the real thing. If you haven’t made homemade mayo, you are missing out. It is soooo good. I can eat it by the spoon.
As I said before, I never really liked mayo. Maybe it was all the “junk” that they put in the store-bought kind. It was obviously telling my body not to eat it. Next time you go for mayo, read the label, you probably will not eat it ever again. I know I won’t!
Now I eat it with a spoon! It is so good!
If you have farm fresh eggs like I do, they are already room temperature. If not, you need to let it come to room temperature.
Blend it just a little, then start adding the oil slowly. I prefer avocado oil. You can also use macadamia, almond, or walnut oil. EVOO can be a little strong.
You can use lite olive oil, but from what I have read, it’s usually a blend & not pure Olive Oil, this is why I prefer avocado oil.
The avocado oil has a little green tint. It comes from avocados, what do you expect? But it tastes sooo good. Doesn’t that look delicious! It literally takes less than 2 min. to make. Why would you ever buy mayo again?
It is so versatile, you can add garlic, herbs, whatever you like! Use your imagination! Or just go plain! It’s so dang good!
The 1st time I made it, it was so cool to watch it become mayo. Like some kind of science project! Make sure if you have kids or grandchildren to let them be a part of it! They will think it is so cool!
Optional Add In’s:
- 1/4 tsp mustard
- white pepper to taste
- 1/4-1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- Use your imagination!
- Add room temp organic egg to a wide mouth deep container
- Add salt, vinegar, mustard & any optional seasonings of choice
- Blend for just a second to break egg & mix ingredients
- Slowly add avocado oil as you blend
Recipes to Try:
- I love this slathered on my AIP Portabello Garlic Rosemary Burger Stacks!
- Easy Paleo Artichoke Hummus Dip
- Paleo Broccoli Salad
- Paleo Cranberry Chicken Salad
- Paleo Keto Tuna Salad Slider Appetizer
- Paleo Creamy Italian Salad Dressing
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Cuisinart CSB-79 Smart Stick 2 Speed Hand Blender, Stainless Steel/Black
- KOIOS 800W Immersion Hand Blender, Multifunctional 5-in-1 Low Noise Stick Mixer, 9-Speed, Stainless Steel, Titanium Plated Blade, 600ml Mixing Beaker, 800ml Chopper, Whisk Attachment, and Milk Frother
- Immersion Hand Blender, Utalent 5-in-1 8-Speed Stick Blender with 500ml Food Grinder, BPA-Free, 600ml Container,Milk Frother,Egg Whisk,Puree Infant Food, Smoothies, Sauces and Soups - Green
- Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar 32 Oz - With The Mother - Usda Certified Organic - Raw - All Natural, W/Measuring Spoon
- REDMOND Real Sea Salt - Natural Unrefined Organic Gluten Free Fine, 26 ounce pouch (1 Pack)
- Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil 1 L, Non-GMO, for High-Heat Cooking, Frying, Baking, Homemade Sauces, Dressings and Marinades