Last Updated on May 16, 2020 by Renee’
My daughter loves mashed potatoes! Who doesn’t? But, after going AIP, we couldn’t have white potatoes, I had to try my hand at Mashed Cauliflower aka “Fauxtato’s”!
OMG! I couldn’t believe it! They taste just like mashed potatoes! They totally passed the husband & daughter test!
Whether you are AIP, Paleo or just want a low carb option to potatoes, this is the perfect recipe. Also Perfect for Thanksgiving!
- 1 lg head of Cauliflower coarsely chopped
- 1/2 – 1 Tbs. Garlic Powder to taste
- 1/2 – 1 Tbs. Onion Powder to taste
- 3 Tbs. Ghee or Grass-Fed Butter (leave out for AIP, if you need liquid, add 1-2 Tbs. Bone Broth or EVOO to desired consistency) (Use EVOO if vegan)
- sea salt to taste
- fresh chives for garnish (optional)
- Add water to a pot, like this one, for boiling or steaming cauliflower.
- Add cauliflower to water & bring to boil. Cook for about 10 min. or until fork tender.
- When cauliflower is done, drain.
- Put in the food processor with Ghee, Butter. (bone broth or EVOO for AIP)
- Add sea salt, garlic & onion powder to taste. (I like a lot)
- Blend until desired consistency. (you don’t want it too soupy) Add bone broth or more Ghee, EVOO or butter as needed.
- Add bacon bits & chives for loaded Mashed Cauliflower “Potatoes”
- Add in 1/4 – 1/3 c. Nutritional Yeast for a “Cheesy” taste.
*Scroll down for Printable Recipe Card.
Topping Ideas: As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Add bacon bits & chives for loaded Mashed Cauliflower "Potatoes"
Add in 1/4 - 1/3 c. Nutritional Yeast for a "Cheesy" taste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.