Last Updated on
Who doesn’t love one-pan dinners? I know I do. Clean up is a breeze. This Mediterranean Chicken Dish sure fits the bill! It is quick & delicious too!
This recipe is one that my family asks for a lot, especially my husband, and it’s fancy enough for company! Just add a salad, green beans, side of broccoli or asparagus and you are good to go! Or add spinach like I do for a more nutrient-dense one-pan dish & you don’t even have to have a side. Perfect for a weeknight dinner. This Mediterranean Chicken is so good served over Cauliflower Rice or Spaghetti Squash.
I have to confess. I had just had ankle surgery & my husband threw this together while his sister & brother-in-law were visiting. I gave him instructions from a chair near the kitchen. If he can do this, believe me, anyone can. (It might not have been as pretty as if I had made it, but who’s complaining.)
My daughter gets creds for the photos.
He roasted broccoli to go with it since we were out of spinach. When I cook it, I just put the broccoli or spinach in with all the other ingredients & bake as a one-pan dish! Saves time & clean up!
- 5-6 Organic Chicken Thighs
- 2-3 Tbs EVOO
- 1 onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. kalamata olives sliced
- 2 Tbs. capers
- 1 bag of frozen artichokes or 1 can of artichoke hearts drained & sliced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 Tbs fresh basil – optional
- sea salt to taste
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach or 1 bag of frozen organic broccoli- optional
- optional- can add feta cheese – not Paleo or AIP
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Add EVOO or fat of choice to the casserole dish.
- Salt Chicken on both sides
- Add onions, garlic, olives, capers, artichokes, oregano, basil & spinach to the casserole dish.
- Add Chicken on top.
- Bake for 30-40 min or until chicken is done. Juices should be clear. Turn chicken halfway through cooking.
- You can cut up the chicken in bite-size pieces & mix.
- If you can’t find artichokes without citric acid (they are hard to find) soak them in water with a couple of Tbs. of vinegar & rinse a couple of times thoroughly. I don’t know if this removes it totally, but it makes me feel better.
- Delicious served over Cauliflower Rice or with Italian Spaghetti Squash
*Scroll down for the printable recipe.
More Chicken Recipes:
- AIP Paleo Spinach Artichoke Chicken Bake
- AIP Paleo Chicken Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Paleo Basil Coconut Curry Chicken
- AIP Paleo Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Preheat oven proof pan or reg. pan on stove top to med heat,
- Add EVOO
- Salt & brown chicken on both sides
- If using reg. pan, transfer chicken to a casserole dish
- Add onions, garlic, olives, capers, artichokes, oregano
- Bake for 30-40 min.
- * Optional - If you like you can add basil & spinach, stir, & Bake for another 5 min
- If you can't find artichokes without citric acid (they are hard to find) soak them in water with a couple of Tbs. of vinegar & rinse a couple of times thoroughly. I don't know if this removes it totally, but it makes me feel better.
- If you like you can add basil & spinach, stir, & Bake for another 5 min until wilted.
- Delicious served over Cauliflower Rice or Italian Spaghetti Squash
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.