Last Updated on December 1, 2020 by Renee’
Paleo, Whole 30, Keto, Gluten Free & Dairy Free
I was surfing Facebook recently & found a video of Coconut Curry Chicken. It looked delicious. So I decided to make a paleo version in the Instant Pot & it turned out amazing.
My husband raved about it all week & wanted to know when I would be making it again. That’s a win-win in my book. Quick, easy, healthy, delicious & husband approved! My daughter loved it so much that she wanted to take if for lunch too. Anything I can cook in my Instant Pot is a winner in my book!
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs Organic Chicken Breasts or Thighs (I used Thighs)
- 1 1/2 Tbs. hot yellow curry powder
- 1 tsp. hot chili powder
- 2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- 1 red onion diced
- jalapenos diced (optional) (I didn’t use jalapenos due to using hot chili powder & hot curry)
- 1-2 Tbs. tapioca starch & hot water to make the slurry for thickening.
- 1-2 Tbs. EVOO
- Add EVOO to pan or Instant Pot. Season chicken with sea salt & brown on med-med high on both sides in a skillet or on the saute setting for Instant Pot.
- Remove Chicken
- Add coconut milk, organic basil, curry powder& chili powder to Instant Pot & stir.
- Add chicken, chopped onions & minced garlic. (& jalapenos if adding) Stir.
- Put on the lid, & start manual setting for 10-12 min. (I did 15 min. my first time & I would cut back a couple of min. next time.)
- As soon as it is done, you can release the pressure manually.
- Shred chicken with a fork.
- Mix tapioca starch with hot water to form slurry then add to chicken mixture & stir. Start with 1 Tbs. & add more if needed.
- Serve over Cauliflower Rice.
- You can also cook in the slow cooker. Just put everything in & set to slow cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- If you don’t want it as hot, use regular chili powder & curry powder.
- Add in Spinach during the last 5 min. for a complete meal.
More Recipes you will love:
- Paleo Coconut Chicken Soup
- AIP Paleo Spinach Artichoke Chicken Bake
- Paleo Chicken Adobo
- AIP Paleo Asian Grilled Chicken
*Scroll down for the printable recipe card.
Can also cook on the slow cooker setting. Just put everything in & set to slow cook on low for 6-8 hours. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serve with green beans, salad, or greens of choice.
If you don't want it as hot, use regular chili powder & curry powder.
Can also cook on the slow cooker setting. Just put everything in & set to slow cook on low for 6-8 hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.