Last Updated on October 23, 2020 by Renee’
I was talking with one of my friends the other day & she asked what are My Top 5 Kitchen must-haves. I guess if I had to narrow it down, these would be my top 5 Must-Haves!
1. My Absolute #1 Instant Pot
The Instant Pot is a Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Saute/Browning, Yogurt Maker, Steamer & Warmer.
Here are some of the things I make in my Instant Pot:
- I make bone broth in this every week. This is by far the easiest & fastest way to make it. It gels for me every time in 2-4 hours, 2 hrs for chicken & 4 hrs for beef (or other larger bones).
- One real time saver is to cook a whole chicken in about 18-20 min. I do this almost every week during the summer to make my chicken salad recipe. I use organic grapes instead of cranberries if I can find them during the summer.
- Spaghetti Squash
- Perfect for soups & stews – Here’s my recipe for Paleo Coconut Curry Chicken.
- Roasts, Meats
- Boiled eggs (my favorite way to do eggs, they peel easily every time)
- Egg Salad
Here are some of the things I make with my Food Processor:
- artichoke hummus
Here are a few things that I use my Immersion Blender for:
- I make coconut milk using this every week. 1 can of coconut milk blended with 2 cans of Berkey filtered water. I use it in my AIP herbal tea “coffee” every morning.
- To make homemade mayo! If you haven’t tried it, you should. You will never go back to the nasty store-bought stuff again!
- To cream or blend soups or sauces. (right in the pan) such as my Paleo AIP Cream of Broccoli Soup & Paleo Cauliflower Leek Soup
Here are a few ways to use the Spiralizer:
- I use this to make Zucchini Noodles or “zoodles” to serve with my Spaghetti & Meat Sauce.
- sweet potato noodles
- cucumber spirals (so pretty in salads)
- cabbage, beets, turnips (use your imagination, the sky’s the limit!)
I use my Black Iron Skillets Every. Single. Day! So much so that I have 2 sets of all 3 sizes.
- I CANNOT live without my black iron skillets. I cook almost everything in them. Make sure they are seasoned well & they will be your go-to nonstick skillets. My favorite way to cook steaks, chops, eggs, Pan Fried Chicken Thighs, Teriakyi Cube Steaks, & Fried Avocado.
- These are just like my Grandma cooked in! I have had mine for about 30+ yrs.
- They will last forever & can be passed down for generations!
- I have given both my stepdaughters black iron skillets for Christmas. They also make an excellent wedding gift!
If I can only list 5 must-have items, I guess this would be it. One item that I don’t have that is on my wishlist is a Stainless Dehydrator! I’m hoping my husband sees this & remembers it for Christmas!
I would love to hear what your favorite “must-have” kitchen essentials are, that you can’t live without & how you use them! Leave them in the comments below!